What is the QJCCI?
The Queensland Japan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (QJCCI) was established in 1987 to promote and strengthen business and investment ties between Queensland and Japan. The President and Committee members have many years experience in doing business with Japan.
Members can access a well-established network of Australian and Japanese business organisations, associations and government agencies.
Through these networks, the Chamber can arrange:
- Introductions to government agencies assisting in export access
- Introductions to Japanese companies seeking business opportunities
- Introductions to Australian companies already enjoying success in the Japanese market
- Meetings between both Australian and Japanese business people
- Social and networking functions such as business breakfasts, luncheons, cocktail functions and official receptions
Membership provides opportunities to participate in:
- Keynote briefings on macro economic developments and their influence on commercial relationships between Queensland companies and Japan
- Chamber-facilitated Trade Missions, led by members well versed in Japanese business practices, language and customs
- Joint Chamber-government Trade Missions
- Direct introductions to incoming Japan trade missions and market specialists
- Practical case study presentations by successful exporters
- Dedicated Chamber workshops on topics such as Japanese business customs and etiquette
- Workshops conducted in conjunction with other bodies to educate members in matters such as government legislation, export processes, the Japanese economy and current and emerging trends in Queensland-Japan business relations
Membership of QJCCI provides you with access to the latest information on the Japanese market and developments within Australia and Japan via the Chamber's Newsletter.
The Newsletter is distributed via email and contains information on:
- Japan market and finance updates
- Business and trade opportunities
- Upcoming functions, workshops and guest speaker forums
- Member profiles
The newsletter is also circulated in Japan including Australian government offices.
Australia- Japan Business Matching (AJBM) website
A major Chamber initiative during recent months has been the design, development and launching of the Australia-Japan Business Matching (AJBM) website.
This important project was funded by a special grant from the Australia–Japan Foundation (AJF).
This searchable, categorised and bilingual database of registered businesses in Japan and Australia aims to facilitate business and trade between Australia and Japan, providing a bilingual portal through which individuals and companies can identify targeted and mutually beneficial opportunities.
Additional promotion of the AJBM website and search engine optimisation (SEO) will be conducted shortly utilising a further grant provided by the AJF.
As a special offer to Chamber members, we are providing free registration until 30 June 2015 – if you have not already done so, please visit this page and list your business now: http://www.ajbusinessmatching.com/users/member/
If you need assistance, please send an email or call 0407 611 972.
The Chamber represents members' views on significant matters to Federal, State and Local Governments, the media and other major industry groups and associations.
The Chamber periodically holds special events that are exclusive to members. Those may include though not be limited to:
- Dedicated Chamber workshops on topics such as economic outlooks
- Workshops conducted in conjunction with other bodies to educate members in matters such as government legislation, export processes and current and emerging trends in Queensland-Japan business relations
Take advantage of QJCCI membership - join now.